How to get to Ljubljana
Ljubljana is located in central Slovenia and it is easily accessible due to a well-developed network of railways, roads and airway routes.
Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport is located 26km northwest of the city. To get to the city you can use bus, taxi or a rent a car.
Check web site of Ljubljana Bus station where you can find timetables for all local and international bus connections.
Slovenia has a developed network of motorways:
- from Villach (Austria) E 651 (100 km)
- from Klagenfurt (Austria) E 652/E 61 (85 km)
- from Graz (Austria) via Maribor E 57/E 59 (195 km)
- from Trieste (Italy) E 61/E 70 (110 km)
- from Venice (Italy) E 61/E 70 (231 km)
- from Zagreb (Croatia) E 70 (120 km)
- from Budapest (Hungary) E 57/E 71 (430 km)
Slovenia has a developed network of railways, connecting Ljubljana with Graz and Klagenfurt (Austria) to the north, Trieste (Italy) to the west and Zagreb (Croatia) to the east. Ljubljana's main train station, simply called "Ljubljana", is within an easy walk to the city centre. The web site of Slovenian Railways displays train schedules.
Arrival from the railway station Ljubljana
Specific arrival and departure information is available on the Slovenian railway website. Tickets for rail travel can be bought online or at the central train station Ljubljana.