National Physical Fitness Surveillance System – Serbian best practice
The main aims of the National Physical Fitness Surveillance System in Serbia are:
- To enable regular testing of all schoolchildren (on regular Physical Education classes) using a systematized and standardized testing approach.
- To provide age and gender-specific feedback based on national centile values.
- To enable a follow up of the individual and group changes in fitness levels through the children’s growth and development.
- To provide recommendations to students and their parents on how to maintain or improve physical fitness level.
- To educate students and their parents concerning the importance of lifelong physical activity and the value of health-conscious lifestyles.